Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Sneak Peek: Vintage Dishes for Holiday Market

I've been busy collecting vintage housewares and pretty little things to sell along with my furniture for the Lucky Star Market. Today I just thought I'd share a little peek at some of the treasures I've come across.

With most vintage and antique dishes you quickly learn that complete sets are few and far between. I've found that when you find a pretty dish or two that you love... you buy it. I'm able to mix and match the pieces I've collected. It's fun to put them together for a unique table setting or put them to use in your home in other ways.

 Isn't this design so pretty!?! I thought it had a "wintery" feel to it... makes me think of little snowflakes. I found two of these plates and one serving bowl. They are from W.H. Grindley & Co. and I love them! They would be great to get out and decorate with every Christmas season.

This pretty little dish also caught my eye...


The delicate hand-painted flowers are my favorite . I found two of these and thought they could be used as little soap dishes, candle holders or for jewelry. Here's the marking for this one...


How about this one? So dainty and charming as well. Aqua, pink and gold never gets old to me :)



I was so excited when I found these vintage dishes. I love the gold trim and scroll design. What makes it even better is that I found 10 complete table settings!!! Here's a photo of one table setting...
(dinner plate, salad plate, bread and butter plate, tea cup and saucer)


Here's the marking for them...


The Royal Doulton French Provincial dinnerware was produced in 1957 through 1976. If you've wanted to add some vintage table settings in your home but haven't known where to start... this would be an excellent set to get you going. It will mix and match beautifully with all sorts of dinnerware. I will be selling them as complete table settings and like I said before, I have 10 of them!  Since I got them at a good price, I will happily be passing that along to you.

I don't know about you, but with snow on the ground this morning, a warm fire going in my stove and all this planning I'm doing for market... the Christmas spirit has gotten to me :)




I'll be sharing more of what will be going to market with me so stay tuned! I'm most excited to share a little project that my husband is doing for me. I pushed, pulled and dragged him into it and I'm so glad I did. He is too whether he admits it nor not :)

Also, I'm on Instagram now. You can find me at m.vintagecharm
I share lots of family, home and country living but I want to be able to use it for my furniture and pretty little things as well. Follow along if you wish... there's a link in the side column of my blog.

I went to check on my kids as I'm wrapping up this post because I kept hearing these loud thuds... apparently I'm missing out on a "pool party". Love my babes!


Thanks for stopping by!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home