Saturday, May 3, 2014

Antique Two Drawer Dresser

I recently worked on this antique two drawer dresser. Since I forgot to snap the "before" picture, we'll jump right into the "after" photos. I love this piece for lots of reasons.

 
She's solid oak and has those wonderful paneled sides.
I'm always drawn to that detail...


She was weathered and worn when I got her and that just added to her character and charm. I went with "Old White" ASCP and distressed her as it seemed fitting. I found some vintage hardware and painted it with a mixture of "French Linen" and "Old White". The grey and white go well together.


Because of her size... she's very versatile. I picture her in any room with a big basket for linens or towels...



The drawers are lined with pink and white striped wallpaper...


She's also at just the right height for a little girl's dollhouse which would be so sweet in a bedroom or playroom.



Sometimes there is nothing better than a simple white dresser.

Stop by my Facebook page for Mimi's Vintage Charm if you want more details on this piece. Thanks for stopping by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home